The requirements of the EMC training program are:
- Six months of full-time equivalent (FTE) training in an ED
- EMC online learning modules
- Workplace-Based Assessments (WBAs)
- Advanced Life Support (ALS) and Basic Life Support (BLS) workshops
- Written ED case reflections
- Online EMC Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) exam.
Frequently asked questions about the EMC training program
How many hours per week is FTE?
FTE is equal to at least 38 hours per week.
How long does it take to complete?
This is a six month competency-based training program conducted in the ED under the supervision of an approved EMCD Supervisor, which must be completed within two years of your enrolment date.
Can I complete the program part-time?
Yes, provided you are working at least 0.5 FTE in an ED. For example:
- A workload of 0.5 FTE would require 12 months of ED time
- A workload of 0.75 FTE would require eight months of ED time.
If your workload varies, contact the EMCD training team via email.
What is the program fee?
The program fee in Australia is AUD $2,409 and in New Zealand is AUD $2,190.
Where can I complete the program?
You can complete your program at a hospital approved by the College.
If you have any questions regarding the EMC training program please contact the EMCD Training Team.