This Committee comprises representatives of ACEM, Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA), the College of Intensive Care Medicine of Australia and New Zealand (CICM), and the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
The CCPHRM provides leadership in Prehospital and Retrieval Medicine (PHRM) matters across Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand, particularly in relation to the key following issues:
- Development and administration of the specific recognised training pathway
- Recognition of PHRM experience
- Accreditation of PHRM services as training sites
- Clinical standards for practice
- Maintenance of skill through Continued Professional Development (CPD).
The Committee oversees the development and implementation of a recognised curriculum, qualification, clinical standards, training and certification, and continuing professional development for doctors intending to work in PHRM services in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand.
It is envisaged that the Diploma in Pre-hospital and Retrieval Medicine will be available for prospective trainee enrolment during 2019. The CCPHRM will continue to report on its progress.
Enquiries: [email protected]