Who can be a member?
Networks have an unlimited and broad-based membership of FACEMs, trainees, and other ACEM members. The Terms of Reference of some Networks also enable non-ACEM members to join.
There is a simple requirement that members are involved with or interested in the particular aspect of emergency medicine that is undertaken by that Network. Membership is free via completion of a short application form.
What is expected of members?
Members will be expected to:
- have their membership logged within the ACEM member portal and the College’s elearning platform (for the purposes of participating in discussion forums);
- receive updates on Network activities;
- be notified of requests from other members who might be interested in collaborating;
- consider sharing information on specific interests and expertise with other members; and
- register a vote when the Network Executive is elected every two years.
There is no obligation on members to collaborate when requested, only to be open to an approach. Your contact and other details will be obtained only for the specified purpose of receiving information and requests that are explicitly associated with the activities of the Network. Details shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose.
What is an Executive member?
Every two years an Executive (of six–12 Network members) is appointed following a nomination and election/appointment process. You can find out more on that via the ACEM Policy on Networks.
The primary aim and responsibility of the Executive and its office-bearers is the establishment and leadership of thriving Networks. The Executive Chair and Deputy Chair will be proactive in leading the ‘agenda’ of the Network, proposing meeting dates and events, engaging with the governing body as appropriate and moderating information to be circulated to the wider Network.
The Executive should always be accessible to the wider Network membership. For example, the College will proactively provide each Network with the regular ability to ‘Ask a Colleague/Ask the Executive’ enabling all members to put an enquiry, or provide material for circulation, to the Executive or full membership.