Over the next two years, planning and implementation of each recommendation will commence.
With regards to the implementation of Recommendations 1, 2 and 3, this will include the following activities being conducted throughout 2022 and 2023:
- Establishing project Working Group – expressions of interest process will commence in the second quarter of 2022;
- Research on existing national and international training network models;
- Consultation with members on current informal networks that that exist and their effectiveness; and
- Consultation with jurisdictions on existing formal networks across specialties, availability of rural and regional training sites and potential trainee rotation processes.
With regards to the implementation of Recommendations 4, this will include the following activities being conducted over the next 12 months:
- Establishing project Working Group – expressions of interest process will commence in the first quarter of 2022;
- Identification of potential sites suitable for pilot of blended supervision model; and
- Development of pilot training rotation processes and regulations.
With regards to the development of revised G23 Guidelines on Constructing an Emergency Department Workforce, the following activities will be conducted over the next 12–18 months:
- Development of revised G23 content throughout 2022; and
- Consultation with members, trainees and external stakeholders from mid-2022.