ACEM is a member based organisation passionate about making a difference by contributing to the training and education of emergency physicians, across Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand. The College has a strong purpose, positive environment, a CEO and executive leadership team who lead our commitment to supporting our members, trainees and staff.
ACEM Core Values
The ACEM Core Values are at the foundation of who we are: how we conduct ourselves, work with each other and build upon our service and commitment.
The ACEM Core Values Award is a peer-nominated award to recognise and celebrate individuals who continually display, embrace and promote our values.
Work with us
ACEM attracts passionate and motivated professionals, from a variety of industries and backgrounds who are dedicated to delivering high quality outcomes. We are proud of our professional and collaborative environment that focuses on being the best we can for our members, trainees and staff.
We genuinely believe in a healthy work/life balance and a culture of respect and team work. We are committed to supporting our team members and offer a range of programs and benefits to contribute to their health, wellbeing, safety and happiness.
We foster a positive, relaxed environment and encourage the growth and development of our people.
Before applying for a position, ensure you read the position description carefully to see that it is right for you and that you meet the requirements of the role.
Your application should include a cover letter that addresses the main selection criteria, and a current CV/Resume.
Applications that do not address the selection criteria may not be considered.
Submit your application to [email protected] with the position you are applying for in the subject header.
For queries about advertised positions or the application process, please contact our HR Department on (03) 9320 0444.
- Flexible work arrangements
- 37.5 hour work week
- Annual Leave Loading (17.5%)
- Rostered days off (13 per year)
- 3.5 paid leave days between the Christmas and New Year
- Paid parental leave
Health, Social and Wellbeing
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including: yoga classes, boot camp, ACEM sports team, Smiling Mind corporate program, regular fruit delivery, walking meetings encouraged and flu vaccinations
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- End-of-month celebrations
- Events recognising and celebrating diversity
- Recognition of service, birthdays and end of year
- Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives including: food drives, pedometer challenges and Casual Charity Fridays, volunteer leave
- Shower facilities, lockers and bike racks
- We are an accredited Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace
- Professional development plan including awareness and compliance training
- ACEM Scholarship
- Five days study leave per annum
- Lunchtime sessions on a variety of topics
- Annual Staff Development Day
- Annual and mid-year performance reviews
- Buddy program for new team members
- Staff benefits program offering discounts on entertainment, insurance, health, travel and clubs
- Access to the corporate travel club
- Numerous internal and al fresco 'time out' areas.
If you are interested in Opportunities at ACEM or finding out more about us please contact Human Resources.
t (03) 9320 0444
e [email protected]