Welcome to Working as Medical Practitioner in Australia
Welcome to Working as Medical Practitioner in Australia is a free online program funded by the Australian Department of Health. The program is accessible on the ACEM Educational Resources platform.
The program is for physicians who are:
- New to working in an Australian emergency department (ED)
- International Medical Graduates or Specialist International Medical Graduates (SIMGs), who are either:
- Currently working in an Australian emergency department, or
- Living in another country and intending to work in Australia.(these two points will be indented on the website)
The program covers the following areas:
- Living in Australia
- The Australian Health Care System
- Communication in the ED
- Emergency Care in Australia
- Clinical and Professional Practice.
Online educational resources
Educational resources about Working in Australia and other topics are available on our Educational Resources site. ACEM members and trainees can login to view the modules.