AWE has been established to:
- Promote and support female leaders within the College, in clinical practice and in hospitals and health systems.
- Advocate for issues that specifically affect female members of the College in order to inform development of College policy and practice.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Council of Advocacy, Practice and Partnerships on matters relating to gender equity.
- Facilitate mentoring opportunities for female FACEMs, other female College members and trainees throughout all stages of their career.
- Facilitate greater networking opportunities for female FACEMs, other female College members and trainees.
Coming in 2019
Terms of Reference for this Section are pending approval by the Council of Advocacy, Practice and Partnerships and, once approved, will be made available to College members and trainees.
Applications for membership of the AWE Section will be accepted on any date.
Following CAPP’s approval of the Terms of Reference, the College will invite expressions of interest for appointment to the Section Executive. Final appointments to the Executive will be made by CAPP. Full details of this process will be released in early 2019.
Become a Member
All members and trainees of the College are welcome to become a member of AWE. This includes:
- Associate Members
- FACEM Training Program, EMC and EMD trainees
- Specialist International Medical Graduates
- Educational Affiliates
FACEMs and trainees of all genders are welcome and encouraged to join.
Please submit your application for membership of below.
If you have any queries please contact the College.