Training duration: minimum 12 months full time (part-time available)
- A minimum of six months Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) training in a single approved Emergency Department (ED) within a 12 month period. This must be completed within the first 12 months of commencing your provisional training.
- A minimum of six months FTE training in other approved training (ED or non-ED).
- Minimum placement duration for Provisional Training is two months FTE at a single training site.
- Part-time training must meet minimum placement duration requirements and be undertaken at a minimum of 0.5 FTE of the full-time position.
- In-training assessments
- Structured references
- Primary exam.
How long does it take to complete Provisional Training?
Twelve months FTE of satisfactory training consisting of:
- A minimum of six months FTE core emergency medicine (EM) training, which must be undertaken in a single accredited EM placement in Australia or New Zealand.
- A further six minimum months FTE training in ED or non-ED accredited or approved placement/s.
View the latest trainee news.
For more details about the FACEM Training Program see the FACEM Training Handbook.