Our Fellows and trainees have been assisting in the development of emergency medicine overseas for decades. We established the IEM-Network in 2004 to support our Fellows, trainees and anyone else interested in the development of international emergency medicine. The IEM-Network connects its members, keeps them up-to-date with events and job opportunities, and provides relevant resources and information.
The IEM-Network Goals
The IEM-Network aims to:
- Provide international emergency medicine news and information
- Aid with networking to support the development of international emergency medicine projects
- Develop links with emergency medicine providers globally, especially in developing countries
- Cultivate international emergency medicine opportunities.
IEM-Network members are currently undertaking development work in various countries, including:
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
How do I become a member of the IEM-Network?
To become a member of the IEM-Network, contact our IEM-Network via email.
What are the IEM-Network membership benefits?
As an IEM-Network member you will receive:
- Updates on international emergency medicine projects and opportunities
- The IEM-News - a bi-annual publication on international emergency medicine developments
- Networking opportunities with members with extensive experience in international emergency medicine development.
There are a number of funding opportunities for IEM-Network members to assist with training, research and placement, including:
- International Scholarship – A scholarship for actual or potential leaders in emergency medicine in developing nations, to attend and present at the ACEM Annual Scientific Meeting each year.
- International Development Fund – A fund for international emergency medicine research, or programs.
- Australian Volunteers International – In 2012 we became a partner company with Australian Volunteers International (AVI). ACEM and AVI now support a number of volunteer funded positions overseas.
For more information about the funding opportunities, email the IEM-Network team.