First Shift in the ED
First Shift in the ED is a free online program funded by the Australian Department of Health. The program is accessible on the ACEM eLearning platform.
The program is for physicians who are:
- New to working in an Australian emergency department (ED)
- International Medical Graduates or Specialist International Medical Graduates (SIMGs), who are either:
- Currently working in an Australian emergency department, or
- Living in another country and intending to work in Australia.(these two points will be indented on the website)
The program covers the following areas:
- Living in Australia
- The Australian Health Care System
- Communication in the ED
- Emergency Care in Australia
- Clinical and Professional Practice.
Online educational resources
Educational resources about Working in Australia are available on our eLearning site. ACEM members and trainees can login to view the modules.