It's time to start planning your involvement in ACEM Wellness Week.
This year, ACEM encourages EM physicians and emergency departments to take part, engage and participate in ACEM’s Wellness Week 2022.
Planned activities will allow staff to reflect on what has been, and still is for many, a profoundly challenging time as we begin the journey to restore and recover.
To help jumpstart the planning and promoting of your Wellness Week events, we have collated a list of engaging activities for you to consider.
- Welcome breakfast to kick off the week
- Create a ‘staff resus trolley’ to go around each day with fruit and treats (see the WRaP EM ‘How- to’ Guide)
- Redecorate your tearoom door (or other space) to brand it as a ‘reflection, rest and rejuvenation’ space
- Arrange for your pet dog to join the ED for a day to provide some ‘pet therapy’ in the tearoom
- Alternatively, organise a dog park catch up
- Organise a massage therapist to give neck and should massages to the staff for the afternoon
- Create a series of self-care resources and packs for staff to access in the handover room
- Organize a wellness-themed presentation
- Create thank you packs for all staff (nursing, clerical, medical, security, cleaners, porters)
- Arrange guided meditations before team handovers
- Encourage mindfulness through LEGO building in the tearoom
- Free gym visits (approach a local gym and ask if they would support free access for EM department staff for 7 days)
- Run a wellness-themed photo competition
- Trainees and junior doctors - create wellbeing packs and utilise part of your allocated teaching time to reflect and restore
Wellness Week Toolbox
We have also developed the ACEM Wellness Week Toolbox, where you can access social media images, posters, calendars and more.
Please download and utilise these resources with your department and don’t forget to share your stories and thoughts in the lead up to and throughout the week across social media using the social media images/posters and #ACEMWellnessWeek.
Watch the ACEM Wellness Week webinar
This webinar was recorded on Tuesday, 3 May with Dr Úna Harrington, Dr John Bonning, Dr Charlotte Durand and Dr Rajesh Sehdev discussing the 2022 ACEM Wellness Week theme, Reflect, Restore Recover.
The revised ACEM Quality Standards now acknowledges the importance of workforce wellbeing in the ability to provide care. We will highlight these new standards and demonstrate how the Quality Standards resource toolkit can be used to leverage change.
Find out more by accessing the Quality Standards and Resource Toolkit.
Please contact the ACEM Membership and Culture Unit on (+61) 3 9320 0465 or via [email protected] to share any activities you’re undertaking or for further information regarding ACEM Wellness Week 2022.