We do this by:
- Regularly revising and upgrading our training programs
- Developing and maintaining standards for emergency medical care
- Leading the policy debate in areas relating to emergency medicine (EM)
- Providing trusted EM advice and research.
We have also developed the following tools, approaches and solutions to address issues experienced in EM and Emergency Departments (EDs) today, including:
- A range of research and advocacy work to address access block (over-crowding in hospitals)
- The Australasian Triage Scale (ATS) - ACEM pioneered development of the ATS in the 1990s and have been the driving force behind its standardisation, implementation and ongoing revision.
- Developed by ACEM and the APSF the Emergency Medicine Events Register (EMER), is an adverse event and confidential near-miss reporting system for both patients and physicians.