We want delegates to come away from our conference armed with new or enhanced hands-on skills and cognitive abilities that will help on the floor when practicing emergency medicine.
This ranges from on-stage demonstrations of joint relocation techniques, humidified high flow, the intricacies of patient monitoring and the decision-making involved in resuscitation preparation and leadership.
This will be complimented by workshops with a similar practical focus including ventilation strategies, ultrasound and micro-skills of trauma management.
Keynote speakers will include:
• Stephen Henschke, chief winemaker of the renowned Henschke wines
• Eve Purdy, applied anthropologist and emergency physician
• FACEM Dr Mark Morphett - founder of the SA Health Virtual Care Service, and
• Rob Elliott, CEO of the SA Ambulance Service.
We have a social program that will take full advantage of the gourmet reputation and picturesque nature of the Barossa.
Social events will take place at prominent Barossa venues including:
• Artisans of Barossa for the Welcome Reception
• Barossa Distillery for Epic Wine vs Beers vs Gin dinner incorporating speakers from each producer
• finally the luxury retreat Kingsford the Barossa for the Conference Dinner.
Hope to see you in the Barossa this October for an event of practical relevance and social indulgement.
—Andrew Perry, Joy Treasure, Christina Valero and Simon Chu
Click here for more information