Duration: minimum 48 months full time
Structure: Early Phase and Late Phase
Requirements: 48 months training to include:
- A minimum of six months Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) in a major referral emergency department (ED)
- A minimum of six months FTE in urban referral or rural/regional ED
- Early Phase: 12 months in an accredited ED
- Late Phase: 18 months in an accredited ED
- Critical Care: six months FTE in ICU and/or Anaesthetics
- Non ED: six months FTE in an accredited Non-ED
- Discretionary: six months FTE in an accredited ED or Non-ED
- Minimum placement duration for Advanced Training is three months FTE at a single training site.
- In-Training Assessments (ITAs)
- Workplace-Based Assessments (WBAs)
- Trainee research requirement
- Paediatric requirement
- Fellowship exams.
For more details about the FACEM Training Program see the FACEM Training Handbook.
Are you of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander or Māori background? You may be eligible for the ACEM Joseph Epstein Scholarship. The stipend includes annual registration fees and the cost of one sitting of the Fellowship Exam. Find out more here.