Nominees for the Award must have given distinguished and extensive service in emergency medicine teaching and learning for the College.
This may be demonstrated by:
- Length of service to emergency medicine teaching and learning;
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm and passion for emergency medicine teaching and learning;
- Demonstrated commitment to developing skills in post graduate medical education and training;
- Promotion of, and advocacy for improvement of teaching and learning at ACEM training sites;
- Involvement with College entities or projects, particularly those relating to emergency medicine teaching and learning;
- Curriculum development work for the College;
- Development and/or running of not-for-profit medical education training courses; and
- Mentoring of ACEM trainees and/or other medical educators.
Nominations must be supported by two current FACEM members of COE or one current FACEM member of COE and one current FACEM member of the Faculty Board of the region in which the nominee resides.
Nominations are reviewed by the Council of Education.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the Teaching Excellence Award Terms and Conditions page.