In response to decisions made by the Medical Board of Australia and the Medical Council of New Zealand to suspend CPD registration and recertification requirements for 2020, the Council of Education (COE) has revised the CPD requirements for ACEM CPD participants.
These revisions are detailed in the COE communique released on 14 April 2020.
Please note that the CPD Unit continues to record College activities and College accredited activities on behalf of CPD participants.
If you require any additional information or have any queries regarding the revised CPD requirements, please see our FAQ below, or contact the CPD Unit directly via [email protected].
Do I need to continue to record my CPD for the 2020 CPD year?
No. While the College encourages all ACEM CPD program participants to continue to undertake CPD, you are NOT required to record this in your online CPD record.
What happens to my online record if I do not meet my 2020 CPD targets?
Your online CPD record will remain open until 31 July in case you wish to update your records for the 2020 CPD year.
Will a CPD certificate be available to me if I do not complete my 2020 annual and/or cycle CPD requirements?
- The 2020 annual Certificate of completion will be available via the current platform for CPD participants that have completed their annual 2020 CPD requirements.
- A 2020 cycle Certificate of completion will be available via the current platform for CPD participants that have completed their 2020 cycle CPD requirements.
- CPD participants that have not completed their annual CPD requirements will receive a certificate of participation via email after 31 July 2020.
Will I be selected for audit if I do not finish recording my CPD activities for the 2020 CPD year and cycle?
There will be no audits for the 2020 CPD year and 2020 CPD cycle.
What if I was to be mandatorily selected for the 2020 annual and/or cycle audit as a result of the 2019 CPD audit process?
Both the mandatory and random selections for audit will not take place this year.
Will I be mandatorily selected for audit for the 2021 annual CPD year if I am excused from the 2020 CPD audit?
You will not be selected for the 2021 annual CPD audit or the 2023 cycle audit as result of being excused from the 2020 CPD annual and cycle audit.
If I have already recorded an approved cultural competence activity, do I need to record another one by 31 December 2021?
No. An approved cultural competence activity remains a cycle CPD requirement for the new ACEM CPD program. If you have completed the cultural competence CPD requirements for the 2020 cycle, you will have until 31 December 2023 to record another.
Do I record my approved cultural competence activity in my online portal after 30 June 2020?
- No. The current online CPD platform will only allow you to record activities which take place before 1 July 2020.
- The old platform will continue to be available in a ‘read only’ format to enable CPD participants access to their historic CPD records and certificates.
- The new CPD platform will be available for you to record CPD activities for the 2021 CPD year from July 2020.