To be eligible for direct entry into the EMD you must:
- Be a Fellow of RACGP, or a Fellow of ACRRM, or a medical practitioner who within the last five years has been in active clinical experience in an Emergency Department for at least two full-time equivalent years, and;
- Have safely completed at least 80% of the procedures listed in the Direct Entry Application Form, including the mandatory procedures, which have been endorsed by a Fellow of ACEM, and;
- Provide evidence of a current Advanced Life Support Certificate, and;
- Provide proof of currency of clinical practice, and;
- Be endorsed by a Fellow of ACEM as being at the level of an Emergency Medicine Certificate graduate.
If you meet the direct entry criteria, complete the Direct Entry Application Form and send it to the EMCD Team. Your application will be assessed within two weeks and if successful you will be granted direct entry into the EMD. Once granted direct entry you must complete the EMD Online Enrolment Form.