If you answer yes to the following questions, you are eligible to enrol:
- Do you hold a medical degree and are registered to practise medicine in a state or territory of Australia, or Aotearoa New Zealand?
- Are you in your second or subsequent postgraduate year?
- Have you previously completed a minimum of 10 full-time equivalent weeks in an emergency department?
- Do you have a prospective emergency department placement organised under the supervision of an approved EMC Supervisor?
- Have you read ACEM Regulation D – Emergency Medicine Certificate and Emergency Medicine Diploma Programs?
Please note, if you are enrolled in the FACEM Training Program, you cannot enrol in the EMC training program.
Before completing the EMC Online Enrolment Form you must have the following documentation ready to upload:
- Evidence of a minimum of 10 FTE weeks previous emergency department experience. Provide one of the following:
- A term assessment form for your previous emergency medicine term that include the dates of the term, the site where the training took place, and signed by your supervisor, or
- A signed letter from the hospital or supervisor confirming your previous emergency medicine term(s). Evidence in letter form must be on hospital letterhead, include your name, dates of the emergency medicine term(s), the hours per week worked in the term(s), and a signature from your supervisor or relevant authority, or
- Use the ACEM previous ED experience template ensuring it has been signed by your supervisor.
- EMC Supervisor Details
- ACEM Foundation EMC Grant
- If you are applying for the ACEM Foundation Emergency Medicine Certificate Grant for Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori Medical Practitioners, you must provide a letter of support with your application. Find out more about the ACEM Foundation EMC Grant.
EMC Online Enrolment Form
Once you have gathered your evidence complete the EMC Online Enrolment Form.
Please note you will not be able to save the form; it must be completed in one sitting. Completing the EMC Online Enrolment Form will take approximately 10 to 20 minutes.
* Please note paper applications will no longer be accepted.